Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Art City Days Parade

Saturday I went to the parade with my Mom, Alyse and Oliver. We sat with my mom's sister Lynette and her family. We haven't sat by them for a few years, it was really fun. My dad doesn't love parades so he didn't come, plus he had to have a bunch of dental work done the day before so his mouth was SoRe!

Five reasons why I liked the parade:

1. Oliver was so happy to be at the parade, until all the fire engines drove by and scared him. He loved the look of them so he couldn't help but look but he kept crying because of the sirens.

2. I got a great tan on my left arm and left calf.

3. I loved the "small town" feeling of watching my cousins' kids run out into the road to retrieve all of the candy thrown in our direction because my aunt Lynette was yelling "OVER HERE" as loud as she could.

4. The GIANT Otter Pops that were handed out. If you were there you know what I am talking about.

5. It was fun to listen to my mom and her sister critique every dress, hairdo and tan of all the beauty queens on the floats. The Spanish Fork float etc. was their favorite.



He was so happy sitting in his stroller!

He loved the Dum Dum lollipop

Grandma Jean holding Oliver. Oliver HATES to wear those shoes and socks but I LOVE them!

5 comments:

Melisa said...

That was a super fun parade. just wish we would have been sitting closer to the road and you guys!

Allison said...

You little nephew is adorable. I wish I would have hit up the parade. Next year I suppose!

[Morgan] said...

I changed my site address. I hope you don't mind updating it!
shmorganza.blogspot.com

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

St. GeorGE was fun! FlamiNG GorgE will be funner! we'll have to play lots of games!

[Morgan] said...

I would LOVE to get together and make some cds! I still want to come observe if that's okay?