Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gardening at Temple Square



Last Saturday, our stake had the service opportunity to go plant flowers at temple square. It was so much fun. I love to plant flowers and I was so excited help out at temple square and see how the beautiful flower gardens come to be. They had quite the system. We helped pull up tulips and plant new flowers.



After we were done gardening, we went over to the Beehive House where Melinda's aunt and uncle are serving a mission. None of us had ever been on the tour, so we went. I remember loving the Brigham Young house during my semester in Nauvoo. Living in Nauvoo gave me a new appreciation for church history and it was so interesting to learn more about Brigham Young in Salt Lake City. I highly recommend the tour. The sister missionaries at the site were so cute. There was a sister from Uganda (she looked like the Fatima, the girl recently eliminated off of America's Next Top Model) and the other sister was from the Philippines. They had been serving at Welfare Square two days before and unexpectedly met President Monson. They were so excited and proud as they showed us the pictures they took with him. There joy was contagious! We went to the Lion House Pantry afterwards for lunch. What a fun day!

3 comments:

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

Lucky! I wish I got to participate in planting flowers on Temple Square! The church is truly inspired....even when it comes to gardening!

Melisa said...

Looks like fun! The lion house pantry is also very tasty!

lindsey said...

Your blog is wonderful! You look fabulous in every picture too! And I am SO happy you are teaching again!