Monday, April 21, 2008

I love my job!

I just got back from a wonderful vacation and I had so much fun. In the past, I would have been so sad to go back to work, but with my new job this year, things are different. I could not wait to get back to school today so I could see my students reaction to what had "hatched" out of the cocoons they had made (toilet paper rolls) before spring break . They were so excited to see that their caterpillars had turned into butterflies (painted coffee filter wings added on by me early this morning). It is amazing to see the simple things that amaze and delight three and four year olds! We played a game today during our speech lesson and the students each had a picture of corn on the cob with a word on the back, it was so funny because as the corn was being handed out, three of the kids tried to eat the corn like they were eating real corn on the cob! They were so disappointed when we told them it was not real and they could not eat it. Another thing that brightened my day was the return of our class pet. The little boy who took him home over the break was so happy to show me the pictures of him with the class pet on the scrapbook page his mom made. The picture below shows me cutting peaches with our "class pet" Coco the monkey in my apron pocket. The students in my class LOVE the class pet and they get so excited when it is their turn to take it home for the weekend! Children are so easy to please!

3 comments:

Jess and Joe said...

Sounds like you had a great time on your trip! You pictures are Great! Love the class pet...for a second I thought I was really going to see a monkey hanging out of your pocket...but, a real monkey. Right!! =]
Such a CuTe idea!

[Morgan] said...

Fun! I wanted to say thank you for all of your support and encouragement with the preschool. I really appreciate you!

Lindsay said...

You sound like such a fun teacher! My little boy would love you!