Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss was born on March 2, 1904. We are celebrating his birthday this week in preschool. Today we read Cat in the Hat and we are going to read Green Eggs and Ham next time. We are not reading it in preschool, but my all time favorite book by Dr. seuss is The Star Belly Sneetches. I actually made a star belly sneetch window sticker in my screen printing class in high school. Fun Times!

"Now, the Star-Bell Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars.
Those stars weren’t so big. They were really so small.
You might think such a thing wouldn’t matter at all."






6 comments:

Jess and Joe said...

How Fun! I bet those kids love having you as a teacher. I never remember doing anything like that when I was little. =]

Amanda said...

Nicole, I just found your Blog. It is so cute and fun to hear about you. If you don't mind I am going to pop in every now and again.
Amamda

Melisa said...

What a cute preschool teacher! Sophie is so excited to be in your class next year way fun!

MEB said...

what fun hats! That looks like such a fun day!

Karli said...

Ok Nicole, you look like a totally fun teacher. I wish I had a teacher like you when I was a kid! Cute idea.

Bandley Family said...

Nikki they turned out so cute i love it!!!